Applying to study at universities in Germany

Universities in Germany

The process of applying for universities in Germany are varies depending on several factors. For a student that has the qualification of Europe qualification, such as baccalaureate or A-levels, and then they just need to prove that they are able to spoken German (unless they are willing to enroll in a course taught in English) and then apply directly to the university level course. A student that has outside Europe qualification will need to follow Feststellungsprufung entrance examination after they finish the Studienkolleg preparatory course.

For most subjects, it can be applied directly to the international office of the university or alternatively, you can use the -uni-assist- the centralized admission portal for international student. This is the portal services that run by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). After finish all the requirement, ten get student visas is a next step that should do after you accepted in the university you apply. There are different requirement to get a student visa to depend on the origin country.

  •    For applicants from the EU

If you are students from the EU, then you do not need any visa to study in German. Within a week of the arrival, you should register Einwohnermeldeamnt (registration authority) in the city. You will need the document if registration from the university for this. The students also need to prove the financial prove and buy health insurance if they are under 30;s. there is some country that has bilateral agreements with Germany that means the student home country insurance policies will also applicable to use in Germany.

  •    For applicants from outside of the EU. If you come from a certain country of the US, Canada, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Switzerland, Australia, and Israel, then you will no need for a visa. Hence, you will still need to register at a local resident’s registration office and Aliens’ registration office to obtain the residence permit.  If you come from Brazil, Andorra, El Salvador, San Marino, Honduras, Monaco, and Taiwan, then you will need a student visa for Germany. You also need to apply for a residence permit. If you come from other countries stated previously, then you need to obtain a visa from the German embassy as a residence permit. Ensure you get a national visa for study purposes, the not Schengen visa that allows you only 3 months in Germany. You will need to prepare documents such as confirmation you have registered in Resident Registration office, health cover, financial means, passport, and tenancy agreement to show you found a place to live in somewhere. It will valid for 2 years, so need to renew if the study gets extended.

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *